All articles for the Reading Acceleration Program and Recovery Acceleration Program will use the terminology "Group," "User," and "Subject" though if you are an academic user, the terminology within the app will be "Class," "Instructor," and "Student." In most cases the functionality will be the same, and if there is any difference it will be outlined within the article itself
- Upon purchasing the Reading Acceleration Program you will receive an e-mail prompting you to create a password and log in. Follow the "Here" link (highlighted in red below). The link is good for 7 days, and if you are not able to setup the account in that time, you can set your password by going to reset.kingdevick.com and requesting a password reset.
- Follow the prompt to create your password. The minimum requirements are 8 characters in length, 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number. Once your password is set go ahead and log in.
- If you are logging in for the first time on a device, you will be prompted to calibrate the device so the cards display properly on your screen. This can be done by holding a ruler or a 8.5x11 inch piece of paper against the screen and comparing it against the display on the screen and adjusting it to match.
- Once you've calibrated you will be asked to create a subject. Subjects are the individual users who will be practicing. There a few things to be aware of while you go through this process:
- Subject usernames must be unique, but are only used at login for the subject
- Practice Accuracy Check must be enabled for the App to automatically track accuracy
- "Require King-Devick Test" is checked by default as the test is used to select an appropriate starting speed for the subject. You can find more information on this in the article Selecting a Starting Speed.
- Once the subject has been created and their starting speed has been selected, their status will be change to "practicing". They may either log into the mobile app or webapp with their username and password, or they may practice directly from the admin account. In addition to practicing they may re-take the K-D Test or take an Assessment to gauge their progress.