- When first adding a Student you will be presented with a check box saying Require King-Devick Test. This box is checked by default. If the box is not checked you will be asked to select a starting speed based on numbers per minute (NPM).
- If you would like to select the speed manually (generally having the subject take a K-D test is recommended) you can use the following chart for a guide:
- If you leave require King-Devick Test checked you will be prompted to enter a K-D Result from an existing test via Record K-D Result or to run a K-D Test.
- In order to administer a K-D Test, click King-Devick Test and you will be presented with on screen instructions. The Student will read across the test cards following the on-screen instructions until they are presented with a results screen in which you may enter your initials. Alternatively, if the Student is under 11 years old and struggling to complete 3 card, they may click the orange End Test button to complete the K-D test with 2 cards rather than 3.
In order to record a test you will need to enter the test speed (seconds), the number of errors committed, the number of cards run (subjects 10 and under may use 2 cards rather than 3 if the test is proving difficult), the test date, the testers initials, and any additional comments. Press confirm to save the results and you will be presented with data indicating the Students performance based on age.
- Whether you have the Student take a K-D Test or record one Once the Student has completed their K-D Test you will be presented with age based normative data regarding their results. Click Save Test to finalize the result.
- On the following page you will see the Student's starting speed has been selected and the gauge will be set. The speed will be based on their completion time and accuracy.